Are you the next Electric Citizen? We're always happy to hear from talented people interested in joining our team!
Electric Citizen works with the public sector, using open source technologies like Drupal and WordPress as tools for civic engagement and service. Websites that support the common good.
We are a culture of self-starters and doers, while keeping a sense of humor and fun in our work. Everyone is expected to be productive and efficient, but overtime and overloading team members is strongly discouraged. We want our workers to have happy and healthy outside lives. We believe in supporting the community, embracing open-source, and doing good work.
- For the public good - we only work with clients in government, education, nonprofits, arts, health and science
- Premier Drupal Supporting Partner – dedicated to supporting open source like Drupal through code, volunteer work and financial support
- Engaged - our team members are found presenting, volunteering and attending conferences, including DrupalCon and regional conferences
- Core agency values – straight talk, fully human, highly productive, personal growth
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus the week between Xmas and New Years
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability, life insurance
- Yearly stipends for technology and education
- 401k with 3% company match
- Work remotely from wherever you are
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly bonuses, based on company performance
Contract Drupal Developer
About the Position
We're looking for an experienced Drupal developer who can jump in on a variety of project and support needs. This is initially a contract position, but open to full-time hire if the fit is right.
You should be comfortable working on a team, communicating with others, making decisions and following best practices. We are a small team, where everyone’s contributions are valued and important. It’s a great opportunity to grow with us.
- Drupal 9+ site building and configuration
- Bug fixing, browser testing, accessibility testing
- Collaborating with our designers, developers and project managers
- Communicating with others about your projects and tasks
- Participating in project discussions and team meetings
Depends on your availability and our needs, but anticipate 30-40 hours/week. Your schedule can be flexible but we do ask for a consistent one. Our official business hours for clients is from 9am to 5pm CST.
How to Apply
You can apply via the online form on this page