Graphic Design Intern WantedJanuary 19, 2018
I'm excited to announce a new internship with Electric Citizen. We are looking for a graphic design and web design intern to join us for 3 months this summer, at EC headquarters in Minneapolis.
This is an great opportunity to gain some professional experience, make a little money, and help make us a better company. Details on the internship are below.
1. Who We Are
Electric Citizen is a Minneapolis-based digital agency, specializing in strategic consulting, UX design, and custom web development. We focus on clients promoting the public greater good, such as higher ed, the arts, science and research, government, nonprofits–they are the “citizens” we serve. In short, we build great websites for great clients.
Clients include large institutions such as the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic, great local cities such as Bloomington and St. Paul, globally-renowned nonprofits like the Center for Victims of Torture, and well-loved museums such as the American Swedish Institute.
We are a culture of self-starters and doers, while keeping a sense of humor and fun about the office. Everyone is expected to be productive and efficient, but overtime and overloading team members is strongly discouraged. We want our workers to have happy and healthy outside lives. We believe in supporting the community, embracing open-source and doing good work. Our office is in southwest Minneapolis, near Uptown and LynLake.
2. About the Internship
This is a 3-month paid internship with an opportunity to gain valuable real-world experience. Interns will do a combination of work for both the company and for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong awareness and passion for contemporary graphic design, typography, branding, and designing for the web. Some experience or familiarity with building a website or using a content management system such as WordPress is ideal.
- Work with the Creative Director and Marketing Director on various web design, print design and branding projects
- Assist with the design and production of various printed materials for marketing and branding (e.g. sell sheets, signage, business cards, etc.)
- Assist with the design and production of assets for web pages or microsites, the company email newsletter, and other social media platforms when needed
- Participate in project discussions and creative strategy
Part-time with a minimum of 10 hours a week. Hours are flexible but we do ask for a consistent schedule. The office is open from 9am to 5pm.
June through August with potential for more work afterwards.
Design interns will be paid a hourly wage, TBD
3. What We Look For
- Attention to detail and passion for your craft
- Independent self-starters and problem-solvers
- Love of learning
- Unique, diverse, and non-traditional thinkers and doers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of humor
- Strong skills in graphic design, branding, typography, web design
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite software (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Conceptual and organization skills
- Up-to-date on industry trends and technology
- Understanding of printing process and interactive media
- Must work in-person at our Minneapolis office
- Must share samples of work
5. How to Apply
Visit https://www.electriccitizen.com/jobs and fill out the online application. Please attach a PDF that includes a letter of interest, a resume, at least 3 references, and a portfolio containing 8–10 examples of graphic design work. If you have an online portfolio, a link to your samples is also acceptable. No phone calls please.